Re: [ox-en] sell your free software "lifestyle" business for nine figures [u]

Karel

On 05/11/05, Karel Kulhavy <clock twibright.com> wrote:

What is a free software community? Is it a community of users,
developers, or both?
What would the cooperatives of producers produce?

well as I read RMS he says that the free software community is one of users
constituted by a "legal" document and it is not a community concerned with
production.

Surely any critical approach needs to start its consideration from it as a
form of production and proceed from that material basis, From there one can
start to think about how fs is valorised without being burdened by the
narrow view of the FSF.

RE the question as to whether is is a community of users or producers - you
can't brake up many contemporary forms of production into users and
producers/authors as you once possibly could. Production has to been seen as
a circuit of dialogue I think in this respect.

Martin