Re: [ox-en] Re: Business opportuities based on Free Software

Christoph Reuss writes:
Indeed, "privatizing the profits while socializing the losses" has always
been a core paradigm of capitalism.  I guess this is why arch capitalists
like George Soros and Jimmy Wales, and (hardware) corporations like IBM
and Sun, are so fond of the FLOSS idea. ;-}

Christoph,

I hope in the not too distant future I will get back to you and show you
how in history the "producers" have often been the ones using and abusing
other peoples lives in order to realize their dreams. Your idea to
separate the "good" producers and the "bad" predators (and "unveiling the
masks of hidden predators")  and to view everything as a fight between
these two principles has nothing at all to do with the course of history
and the ways the new modes of production are moving forward.

You can still dream of your "seedling form" developing entirely out of its
own potential and power, in reality it is an interaction between the
forces of the old and the new. Without Jimmy Wales there would be no
Wikipedia and thus no free content flagship project - and without IBM and
SUN FLOSS would be the hobby of an esoteric circle of technicians. It is
very sad that consequentally with your method of "unmasking" and
"purifying" you hinder and disturb the process of development of Free
Software and Free Modes in general and you have consequentially also
contributed to the loss of quality and almost destruction of the German
oekonux list.

That said, I also sometimes value your position of concern, because the
game is still an open one and the rules are still in development.

Franz