Re: [ox-en] OII News [2006.02.01]: Reconsidering "Open Source Politics"

mercredi 24 l'après-midi
cela te convient-il ??

JLK

At 09:54 17/05/2006, you wrote:

Hi list!

3 months (105 days) ago OII Events wrote:
> Please may we bring to your attention the following forthcoming event:
> - Reconsidering "Open Source Politics"
>
> Speakers: Matthew Hindman, Assistant Professor, Political Science
> Department, Arizona State University
>
> Date: 08 Feb 2006, 15:30 - 17:00
> Location: Oxford Internet Institute, 1 St Giles, Oxford, OX1 3JS
>
> Attendance: This event is open to the public, if you would like to
> attend
> please email your name and affiliation to events oii.ox.ac.uk

Did anyone attend this talk? How was it?

> Abstract:
> Over the past few years, many political elites and popular observers
> have
> suggested that America is undergoing a shift towards "open source
> politics."
> The Howard Dean presidential campaign, the rise of political blogging,
> and
> online groups like Moveon.org have all been cited as evidence that
> collaborative techniques first seen in open source software have taken
> root
> in American politics. This talk argues that novel forms of
> community-based
> production are indeed becoming an important part of the political
> landscape,
> but that there are also other--and less flattering--parallels been open
> source software development and nascent forms of open source politics. I
> discuss the importance of traditional players in online organizing,
> winners-take-all patterns between and within political groups, and the
> key
> organizational role played by social elites.

- --
Please note this message is written on an offline laptop
and send out in the evening of the day it is written. It
does not take any information into account which may have
reached my mailbox since yesterday evening.