Re: Open/Free project lists (was: Re: [ox-en] Free Maps)

list-en oekonux.org writes:

Around the 3rd conference Franz started something in the (messed up)
German Wiki:

	http://de.wiki.oekonux.org/FreieModi

AFAICS he soon lost interest in this project and so it mainly contains
entries from the list above.

Sorry Stefan, but here again-  you are digging out the bone of our
contention. Thanks for giving me the credits, but....I simply "lost
interest" because it was not possible to have this become a major or
defined project in Oekonux. One person cannot keep track of all free
developments, so it would need a critical mass of coworkers (and maybe
some external resources?) to get things like this sustainably going.  It
was your insistence on "if you like to see it happen you must do it
yourself" that turned me off. There are far more things that I would like
to see happen than I can do myself. There a number of entries added from a
students group, but this group dispersed and ceased to exist after the
third Oekonux Konference

I still think that such a list or database of free projects covering all
fields of human life is a very much needed and worthwhile endavour. Maybe
one day our researches can be joined and joint criteria can be found to
make it happen. And maybe we really can come to clarify this point between
us that it is very valuable to set goals even if you cannot immediately
meet them.

Franz