Re: [ox-en] DEMOS needs You (More than you Need DEMOS, perhaps)

For those who are interested:

http://www.p2pfoundation.net/Desktop_Manufacturing

http://www.p2pfoundation.net/Layer_Manufacturing

http://www.p2pfoundation.net/Open_Design

http://www.p2pfoundation.net/Open_Design_License_Agreement

http://www.p2pfoundation.net/Open_Hardware

http://www.p2pfoundation.net/Open_Micromanufacturing_and_Nanomanufacturing_Equipment

http://www.p2pfoundation.net/Open_Source_Hardware

http://www.p2pfoundation.net/Personal_Fabricators

http://www.p2pfoundation.net/Rapid_Manufacturing

http://www.p2pfoundation.net/Rapid_Prototyping

http://www.p2pfoundation.net/Rapid_Tooling

http://www.p2pfoundation.net/Self-organized_Design_Communities

--- Soenke Zehle <soenke.zehle web.de> wrote:

Presumably DEMOS is interested in market-based
approaches, but who knows
- take over their agenda, sz

"The open source movement has transformed the
software industry - what
could it do for innovation in manufacturing? As
environmental and health
challenges loom, we need to re-think how we produce
in the future.
Imagine we could use open source components in a
cut-and-paste product
design process, and print the results in three
dimensions. Would we need
centralised factories and assembly lines, or would
we just need our own
computer and 3-D printer? Demos is looking for
partners on a project
exploring the implications of open source for
production and
manufacturing. Contact jack.stilgoe demos.co.uk for
more information"

http://www.demos.co.uk

The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer alternatives.

Wiki and Encyclopedia, at http://p2pfoundation.net; Blog, at http://blog.p2pfoundation.net; Newsletter, at http://integralvisioning.org/index.php?topic=p2p

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at  http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html; video interview, at http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2006/09/29/network_collaboration_peer_to_peer.htm

http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html