Re: [ox-en] Where / who is the enemy?

Hi Michel, Franz, all!

Thanks for these great replies. At some point I'll include this topic
and these answers in the introduction.

5 days ago Michael Bauwens wrote:
you hit the nail on the head with your analogy, but that's exactly
the important point, when the objective conditions for a certain
type of domination is being eroded, they will seek to artificially
maintain it, but that is a point of strength for the change-makers.

Second step in the germ form five-step: The old gets into crisis.

as for absolutism, I'm not sure that it was an attempt to maintain
feudalism in its extreme. According to my readings, it was the
balance of forces, declining feudals, emergent bourgeoisie, which
created a stasis which allowed the kings to become all powerful as
arbiters. It was perhaps an attempt to create a 'lid' on a very
unstable equilibrium, so as to artificially maintain it for the
longest possible time, until it eventually exploded in the favour of
the rising structure.

In any way IMHO absolutism made contradictions bigger instead of
smaller. In particular governance as a service for the people stopped
existing. Well, this idea is probably from "If they don't have bread
why don't they eat cake?" being so ignorant. In a way you could argue
that the governance system alienated away from society.

But that's what we see today when they try to make information goods
scarce while the Internet is there. While the concept of ownership is
easier to swallow for material goods even an idiot can see that
forbidding access to information is *only* for creation of scarcity
and therefore for making money.