Re: [ox-en] Re: "At Cost"

[1  <text/plain; ISO-8859-1 (7bit)>]
This is surely wrong, it conflates one historically specific form of cost -- money cost -- with cost in general. As Adam Smith points out, it always costs effort to obtain things, whatever the social form.

Franz Nahrada wrote:

Patrick writes:

>If you are stranded, alone on an island, price equals cost, right?

since there is no money and no monetary exchange, there is neither price
nor cost.

>What if one of your friends is there with you?

We can decide to share our production and its benefits or we can decide to
establish a market ;-)

Franz

[2 wpc.vcf <text/x-vcard; utf-8 (7bit)>]