Re: [ox-en] Review of peerconomy book

Some reactions ...

I think it is a problem that Christian doesn't want to respond, that doesn't
bode well for any system of thought or proposal.

I understand the underlying feeling, 'he doesn't understand the complexity
of my thought', but one shouldn't give in, at least not immediately.

Stefan has clearly done his homework, and has engaged as fully with the book
as he can, from a sympathetic point of view.

So his objections have to be faced, at least once.

This being said, some of my own fundamental remarks.

1) Though I respect Christian's work and have presented it extensively to my
own network (see http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Peereconomy), I have not
engaged fully myself in that debate.

This has to do with a fundamental opinion I have which is: it is better to
analyse what is actually happening and proceed from there, rather than
imagine how things could be ... Free software and peer production are real
in that sense, and my own work is based on constantly observing and thinking
this through ...

2) about Stefan approach ...

Perhaps every economic system needs some fundamentals, and this means that
structurally they might ressemble each other, but does that mean that
christian's proposals are just capitalism in disguise ?

3) if Stefan is right, let's assume that, then still there is a question:
what is your own alternative. Again the crucial question is: double free
works with immaterial self-aggregation, but not with processes that require
cost recovery ...

How are you going to solve that crucial issue, proceeding from where we are
now?

So I repeat my own point of view is that we have three levels at least

1) peer production in the immaterial sphere

2) cost recovery based systems in the material sphere

3) connections between the two, especially a funding mechanism from 2 to 1

How Stefan, do you see issue 2 and 3?

Michel