Re: [ox-en] Review of peerconomy book

Hi Michel and all!

Yesterday Michel Bauwens wrote:
This has to do with a fundamental opinion I have which is: it is better to
analyse what is actually happening and proceed from there, rather than
imagine how things could be ... Free software and peer production are real
in that sense, and my own work is based on constantly observing and thinking
this through ...

Yes. This is perfectly where Oekonux comes from.

At the moment I'm gathering questions which need to be answered and
challenges which need to be faced to go more in a design direction:

	http://en.wiki.oekonux.org/Oekonux/DrawingBoard

Posing guiding questions is BTW a very good idea I borrowed from
Christian's book.

2) about Stefan approach ...

Perhaps every economic system needs some fundamentals, and this means that
structurally they might ressemble each other, but does that mean that
christian's proposals are just capitalism in disguise ?

This is probably one of the good questions: What are the fundamentals?
Or to use the pattern metaphor: What does a certain pattern consist of
really? What is crucial for that pattern? What can you omit without
breaking the pattern and its results and what breaks it?

Laboring as a software architect I work with (software design)
patterns daily. I find them a very useful metaphor for abstraction -
which they basically are.

3) if Stefan is right, let's assume that, then still there is a question:
what is your own alternative. Again the crucial question is: double free
works with immaterial self-aggregation, but not with processes that require
cost recovery ...

How are you going to solve that crucial issue, proceeding from where we are
now?

Well, the easiest answer is the `Withering away`_ answer. But I feel
this doesn't suit some people.

.. _Withering away: http://en.wiki.oekonux.org/Oekonux/DrawingBoard#withering-away

So I repeat my own point of view is that we have three levels at least

1) peer production in the immaterial sphere

I'd say: Some parts of.

2) cost recovery based systems in the material sphere

I'd say: And also some parts of the immaterial sphere.

Meanwhile I think the real distinction is the availability of the
means of production necessary for a certain production.

3) connections between the two, especially a funding mechanism from 2 to 1

Yes.

How Stefan, do you see issue 2 and 3?

Besides `withering away`_ I certainly have no answer yet. I feel I'm
just starting to understand the problem. I'd like to invite everyone
to engage in that process.