Re: [ox-en] Material peer production (Part 4: What Difference Does It Make?)

Hi Stefan, hi all,

Stefan Merten wrote:
7 months (214 days) ago Christian Siefkes wrote:
The core difference is that the peer economy _directly_ achieves the goal
which the market achieves only _indirectly_ (if at all): fulfilling
people's _needs and desires,_ making it possible for them to get what they
want to have and to live the way they want to live.

This is basically the difference between use value based production
and exchange value based production. A peer production based economy
would exhibit this indeed.

In Christian's system I have to do abstract labor to get the products
I want and to live the way I want to live. I can not see why this
should be less indirect than in capitalism.

No, you're entering an agreement with others to help each other produce what
each of you wants. Can't be more direct than that.

See my yesterday's mail re "Review of peerconomy book" for more on this and
the other points raised in this mail.

Best regards
	Christian

--
|-------- Dr. Christian Siefkes --------- christian siefkes.net ---------
|   Homepage: http://www.siefkes.net/   |   Blog: http://www.keimform.de/
|      Peer Production in the Physical World:      http://peerconomy.org/
What everybody echoes or in silence passes by as true today
may turn out to be falsehood tomorrow.
        -- Henry D. Thoreau, Walden