Re: [ox-en] 4th Oekonux Conference at stake

ok!

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Stefan Merten <smerten oekonux.de> wrote:

Hi Michel and list!

4 days ago Michel Bauwens wrote:
why don't we launch a 1,000 True Fans campaign for both our
organisations,
[...]

4 days ago Michel Bauwens wrote:
From experience Stefan: general appeals are not so successfull unless
there
[...]

Since this is going into organizational details I'm moving this to
[pox] because I don't want to burden this list with these things.

But of course any ideas which could be of any help are welcome
anywhere.

in our experience neither bank accounts nor tipit were producing
results, but paypal was rather spectucalor, as members only have to click
'agreed' in their email message,

So far I thought it to be fairer to just ask people for offers. I'd
consider it not fair to ask people to donate larger amounts for a
conference which in the end may not take place. And to make an offer
only means to simply hit the reply button and write an amount.

However, for smaller amounts - which I somehow associate with Paypal -
it sounds more reasonable to ask people for immediate donations.

In any case it could be a long term idea.

                                               Gr ü ße

The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: