Re: [ox-en] Difference between Physical and Information production

What I would say is that 1) the cost of reproduction is marginal; 2) the
cost of the first copy is variable; 3) the cost for the generalized
infrastructure is socialized and should remain so

Of course, I often use the simplifying, but ultimately misleading polarity
of immaterial vs. material, to make the important point of understanding
abundance, while in fact scarcity and abundance are polarities with many
intermediate stages, as so well explained in the work of Roberto Verzola.

So, the answer is: 1) free sharing as much as possible given the constraints
of first copy cost (moderate forms of IP are okay for me); 2) continued
support for socialized internet infrastructure which allows abundance to
occur in the field of reproduction. Market and other economies deriving from
open design can support the sharing and commons through benefit sharing;
while the partner state can intervene as 'subsidiary' force, and find a
social solution for peer producers sustainability (full basic income or
transitional labour support measures.

For me, this pragmatic approach solves the dilemma posed by Patrick, and is
a workable solution that can start from where we current are,

Michel