New views on gift economy (was: Re: [ox-en] No more money trickery propaganda please)

Hi Franz and all!

3 days ago Franz Nahrada wrote:
In a market relation, the exchange terminates the positive interest of
both parties in the material effect of their production; whilst in the
"unilateral action" economy, the transfer of "value" from one person to
the other creates a "syllogism" of its own, a self multiplying structure
of enabling and empowerment.

Well, an unilateral action has not necessarily someone else who (use)
value could be transferred to. Is that a problem?

Am I right if this "self multiplying structure of enabling and
empowerment" is similar to what I call a flow of goods in peer
production?

If we bring it to this abstract level, we
could find the parallel between the gift economy and the
selbstentfaltung-structure that the Stefans try to explain.

There is focus on enacting social relation, a positive interest in the
unfolding of the party that I support

Well, this seems to be the interesting point. In peer production would
you say that there is this positive interest? Well, if peer producers
say that "they want to give back something" then it probably can be
understood as this positive interest.

and a transitive relation. If I (A)
do something for B, then B does something for C, it really is "A->C".

Well, in actually existing peer production projects there is normally
no "doing something for someone". It is this personal relationship
which I see as one of the biggest differences between gifts and peer
products. Do you think that this can be abstracted away somehow?