From: Christian Siefkes <christian siefkes.net>
Date: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:31 pm
Subject: On-topic and off-topic (was: Re: [ox-en] No more money trickery propaganda please)
To: list-en oekonux.org

Hi all,

Stefan Merten wrote:
I remember that in the beginning of Keimform StefanMz,
Christian and
Benni banned this whole topic of money trickery altogether.
They were
more clever than me.

I don't think we explicitly "banned" anything, we just defined what's
on-topic for us:

    Es geht um die Überwindung dieser
warenförmigen Gesellschaft, um die
    Emanzipation der Menschen. Da Neues nicht aus
dem Nichts entsteht,
    suchen wir nach Ansätzen im Jetzt - jenseits
von Wert, Markt, Staat.
    Selbstorganisation und Selbstentfaltung sind
für uns zentrale
    Grundlagen.

    Hier hören die Gemeinsamkeiten auch schon
auf. Wir haben
    unterschiedliche Vorstellungen, welche
Denkformen, Theorien und Praxen
    nützlich sein können.
[http://www.keimform.de/uber/]
To translate roughly the core points: "We have more differences that
agreements among us, but we agree on the goal of human
emancipation, of
leaving commodity production behind us. Since the new doesn't
emerge out of
nothing, we're looking for seeds of the new in the old. For us,
the new is
not based on value, the markets, or the state, but rather on
self-organization and 'Selbstentfaltung'."

So if somebody aims to just transform the old (a different kind
of market,
of money, or of state) that would be off-topic for us. I think
that every
project has some kind of topic definition, sometimes explicitly
stated,sometimes implicit, and the project will run more
smoothly if contributors
keep this topic in mind.

Best regards
Christian

--
|-------- Dr. Christian Siefkes --------- christian siefkes.net -
--------
|   Homepage: http://www.siefkes.net/  ;
|   Blog: http://www.keimform.de/
|   Better Bayesian
Analysis:           |   Peer Production Everywhere:
|   http://bart-
project.com/            |   http://peerconomy.org/wiki/
|------------------------------------------ OpenPGP Key ID:
0x346452D8 --
Whenever philosophy has been taken seriously, it has always been
assumedthat it signified achieving a wisdom which would
influence the conduct of
life.
        -- John Dewey,
Democracy and Education

****
Dr Mathieu O'Neil
Adjunct Research Fellow
Australian Demographic and Social Research Institute
College of Arts and Social Science
The Australian National University

E-mail: mathieu.oneil anu.edu.au
Tel.: (61 02) 61 25 38 00