Re: [ox-en] Commons in a taxonomy of goods

However, satisfying needs is only a secondary effect of producing goods
as commodities, the first and alien goal is to make money. In order to
make money goods must be scarce. Thus scarcity is a defect by design,
because due to being a precondition of selling commodities scarcity can
never be overcome.

Production  system reflects the fact that economics goods are scarce

We have not enough petroleoum, iron, etc. to increase production over
certain levels

Scarcity is not a design defect, only in intelectual goods limited by
the means of copyright.

Its a fact of a material world, you will make Green Party, very angry
http://www.numbersusa.com/content/learn/issues/environment/bottleneck.html

Off course we have a very unequal distribution system, that was
correctly described and explained by Marx.

And we can reduce a lot of poverty  if we can change that distribution
system, but we cannot have a production system without limits.

Yes, my proposal is to distinguish between limitation -- and there are
limitations for a lot of resources -- and scarcity, which I would agree
is "artificial limitation" or as you put it "limitation by design".

perhaps what you are trying to call scarcity is normally called
poverty, or unequal distribution.

what you call limits is usually called scarcity
what you call scarcity is usually called unequal distribution or poverty

--
Diego Saravia
Diego.Saravia gmail.com