From: Stefan Meretz <stefan meretz.de>
Date: Tuesday, February 8, 2011 10:49 pm
Subject: Re: [ox-en] WikiLeaks and peer production?
To: list-en oekonux.org

On 2011-02-08 21:56, Mathieu ONeil wrote:
(...) raised the question of the deal
with the newspapers: does it cover expenses, legal fees etc?
No-one
knows. So while they may be producing transparency externally the
same cannot be said for their inner operations.

Concerning WikiLeaks that's true and commonly criticized. We
will see if
OpenLeaks will do better. Is every free software project
transparent in
this regard (serious question, I don't know)?

Does this change the character of being peer-production?

Ciao,

Start here: www.meretz.de

****
Dr Mathieu O'Neil
Adjunct Research Fellow
Australian Demographic and Social Research Institute
College of Arts and Social Science
The Australian National University
email: mathieu.oneil[at]anu.edu.au
web: http://adsri.anu.edu.au/people/visitors/mathieu.php