Re: [ox-en] Report from COM'ON workshop: Dam builders and ship builders

Diego Saravia wrote:
the marginal cost of so many virtual "things" is almost 0

so in practical terms are free (not only perhaps "libres"),
but with 0 cost for whom uses them

If virtual things are 0 cost to use, I wonder why Google
spends so much to host those things...

Why do they pretend to spend so much to house and
deliver petabytes of video data from YouTube?

Why do all of us pay so much to ISPs when we could
just connect with each other for no cost at all?

Why does Wikipedia continue asking for funds?  Are
they just pocketing the money?

For a less sarcastic analysis, see:
http://www.oekonux.org/list-en/archive/msg04253.html