Message 00908 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] A response to Michel and Jakob

agreed with Toni ...

non-rival productions can and are, proceeding immediately in a p2p way, but
where-ever rival resources need to be allocated, an allocation system is a
necessity, and that can be 1) varieties of civic or authoritarian
decision-making 2) market mechanisms or other exchange mechanisms (again
see the very comprehensive overview in Allen Butchers life-long study of
communal ecomomics) 3) gifting mechanisms

Siefkes has an interesting vision of a p2p-like mechanism for labour, as
yet untested in the real world.