Message 00921 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] A response to Michel and Jakob

Stefan, you make this very strong statement:

<If a society is based on voluntary contribution, aka commons based
peer production, then the entire society is organized that way. >

so do you really believe that 'by fiat', there will be a wholesale
transition? If not, there will be a transition where this is not the case,
and we are back the the reality-based discussion.

My contention is that, like for marx, full commonism is likely to be an
end-point, not a magical transition, and this creates a discussion around
the complexity of change, from the period in which the class dominance of
capital ends, to the reallization of a full contributory society.

If you admit my point, how then is your vision of transition?

Michel