Message 00979 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] A response to Michel and Jakob

Hi Christian,

what's that about? A replacement of the "magic market forces" by the "magic p2p forces"?

hgg

Am 26.03.2012 18:14, schrieb Christian Siefkes:
That still leaves the question of how to minimize possible mismatches
between consumptive and productive desires. I think that stigmergy,
automation and re-organization are the best responses here:

1. Announce the tasks necessary for your consumptive goals, and wait for
volunteers.
2. If there aren't enough, try to automatize the task, i.e. let machines do
it. Getting there will usually need other tasks, so go back to step 1 for
them. (I think it will often be easier to find volunteers to automatize
something than do it manually.)
3. If automation is not (or only partially) possible and there still aren't
enough volunteers, think about how to re-organize the task in such a way
that it becomes more attractive for potential volunteers. (Indeed, potential
volunteers will do this themselves and might decide to re-organize tasks in
ways you didn't foresee.)

After all this, a pool of (apparently quite unpleasant) tasks which nobody
wants to do might remain. For these, I would first consider voluntary
distribution among the community members, where (more or less) everybody
does a small part of them now and then, without something very bad happening
if you don't. ...

--

  Dr. Hans-Gert Graebe, apl. Prof., Inst. Informatik, Univ. Leipzig
  postal address: Postfach 10 09 20, D-04009 Leipzig

Message 00979 [Homepage] [Navigation]