Re: [ox-en] Stock Markets and a GPL Society

On Sat, 22 Dec 2001 11:57:06 -0500 (EST), Russell McOrmond <russell flora.ca>
wrote:

[...]
P.S.  I've been mostly just reading this forum.  I'm not sure I'm on the
same wavelength as others here and have my own thoughts of what I would
consider a "GPL society".  I like the whole self-unfolding concept, but
find that there are too many traditional industrial left-and-right beliefs
that are still being discussed here as well.  In essence, we may look
abstractly at older ideas to look for wisdom that still applies, but
believe that we would be best to avoid constraining ourselves too much
based on economic and other models that quite possibly do not apply at all
to a post-Industrial economy.

I agree with you. I think it's very difficult (at least for me) to completely
discard my personal left-and-right believes and backgrounds - and in some
sense I don't want to, but in another sense I think it could be useful (I
think is a must) to re-read at the past, possibly with a high degree of
understanding and tolerance for the backgrounds and the views of each others.

Of course this is list is inspired in some way by the analysis of Marx, but I
think discussions may be done without knowledge of his writings at all, this
is more a "background" than a requirement

regards

--
Marco Ermini
http://www.markoer.org