Re: [ox-en] Re: Open Money?

Stefan,

You posit your argument on the idea that nothing is exchanged in free software and therefore money of any kind is not needed. You further suggest that society can be organized on this principle.

Is that a fair interpretation?

>Exchange means that something is exchanged between two parties. I.e. both party get something."

or as the dictionary puts it...
1 : the act of giving or taking one thing in return for another : TRADE <an exchange of prisoners> 2 a : the act or process of substituting one thing for another b : reciprocal giving and receiving

>This delimits exchange from unidirectional flows such as we see in Free Software.

If fs developers give their work away and receive nothing in exchange, how are they to live? How will we all live without the means to buy the necessities of life?

ernie