Revision control Re: Graham's text list (was: Re: [ox-en] johan)

Stefan Merten <smerten oekonux.de> wrote:
But CVS is available.

...so are the others I mentioned and more besides...  There really is little
reason to use such poor tools.

Personally I'd prefer CVS over anything else.

Masochism?  ;-)

[...]
I'd love to include it on the web sites. I could easily write an XSLT
script to transform it to HTML and possibly to other formats as well.

Other formats we should definitely consider: OEBPS (eBook), LaTeX (for print
nothing else free comes close).

[...]
It would be useful if you add a <summary> tag to the (yet
non-existing?) DTD.

Uh, not DTD -- XSD?  One of the other XML schema languages?

[...]
I started to recommend something but I stopped it again. A lot of
texts I would have to read or at least quick-scan before recommending
or not. What do others say?

Probably we need commentaries from trusted entities on this list before
deciding on including a text in the book?

--
MJR   http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   IM: slef jabber.at
      This is my home web site.   This for Jabber Messaging.

How's my writing? Let me know via any of my contact details.