Re: [ox] Re: [ox-en] goal of oekonux, theory vs. practice, the new social movements and the left

Hi FranzS and lists!

Yesterday franz schaefer wrote:
    "different society") can not exist in a complete void. theory must
    be aplied to practice to test it, find errors, correct it, etc..

I think we are doing this all the time. Right now I'm hoping to find
some time to carefully work through the Debian Constitution - just for
instance.

for instance: if e.g. someone who has indepth knowledge about that
constitution (e.g. if he/she helped to design it) would be on the list then
you would not have to do that. someone else working in the field could
contribute it competently....

So you really think you need to tell me how nice division of labor is?
You are joking.

However, I actually think the chances are good that such a person
already heard of Oekonux and simply could send a mail to one of the
lists.

so people working in other fields (even fields
you do not know of yet or fields where you, at first glance, do not see how
the theory might be applicable at all) could contribut to oekonux as well.
the only thing is: these peope must be involved with the project..

That is why we do a Call for Contribution. I already said that I'm
sometimes astonished how wide this is distributed (I see this when
checking the referrers to the Oekonux sites which I do from time to
time).

but besides that i think even more important is to discuss with the people
at the ASF the importance of free software as an example for a different
society.. the patent thing was more or less just a necessary boundary
condition that free software can continue to exist. what is need is that the
people at the social forum understand why this has way more importance then
just the question of if there desktop will show a pinguin icon or not...

Well, I'm slowly getting used to your attitude of forcing something
down someones throat. Allow me to be different. I don't want to
evangelize anybody. If people on the social fora decide to completely
ignore the Internet or Free Software or e-mail or [your most important
technical development here] that is their decision. Who am I to
interfere with that decision?

After the presentation I gave in Hittfeld (near Hamburg) at the youth
environment day in a very similar way someone requested that I should
have given another announcement of my presentation. "There are people
here", he said, "which even refuse to use e-mail!". You may imagine my
puzzlement. I have not been there to teach the people to use e-mail /
Wiki / OpenTheory / whatever. I was there to present Oekonux to those
who wanted to learn about it - which were few but nonetheless an
interesting round.

My position on that is: If you think that other people should behave
different from how they are doing currently then do it yourself and
make it available in public (without becoming to intrusive). Some may
find your example interesting others won't. This is the way Free
Software growed and this is the way Oekonux growed. I like this way.

    it should be evident that both groups are of interest to the oekonux
    project if "a new society" is the stated goal of oekonux.

This is *not* the stated goal.

it is sated at the web page:

   In Project Oekonux different people with different opinions and different
   methods study the economic and political forms of Free Software. An
   important question is, whether the principles of the development of Free
   Software may be the foundation of a new economy which may be the base for
   a new society.

(here it is stated as a hypothical question "whether...". so i asked it
practice is also included in this. you answered that pracsis is the basis.
of cours it is as free software is pracsis. you did not answer of the
implementation of the theory of oekonux is desired.

I did in one of my postings. You just do not accept these examples.
I won't say anything more about it.

Anyway I think there is nothing much to say any more between us. We
are starting to circle.