  One entry found for domination.
  Date: 14th century
  1 : supremacy or preeminence over another
  2 : exercise of mastery or ruling power
  3 : exercise of preponderant, governing, or controlling influence
  4 plural : DOMINION 3

I checked further and I learned that the meaning of the German words
is simply not covered well by the English words. Ok, "dominion" seems
to be actually bad because it relates more to a territority. May be
"domination" is actually the best term. "Rulership" may be an
alternative.
[except that 'rulership' doesn't exist, and if it did would sound like
something to do with a king...]

Well, if we don't know what the word means we can hardly help much, can
we! Maybe you could give a 'webster-style' definition of 'herrschaft' for
us? (eg. translation of equivalent German dictionary entry)
(my first thought, just from the word, was 'mastery' or 'lordship', but
I can see neither of those will do...)

Graham