[ox-en] SpamAssassin (was: OHA/ODA in English)

Hi Stefan,

On Saturday 11 Oktober 2003 03:24, Stefan Merten wrote:
I mean the spammer *is* oppressed by SpamAssassin.

I don't think so.

There is a simple rule how to self check ones own behaviour,
stating that one should behave in a way everybody could do. This
rule has been expressed by several people, most prominently by
Jesus and Kant. The rule appears to describe a system which
guarantees the optimum of freedom for everybody, without the
need of oppression.

Thus I think that actions that comply with the above rule cannot
be called 'oppression'; oppression requires at least that the
above rule is broken. If I throw away the spam I receive, I
don't hurt the right of other people to do the same with the
mails they don't want to read. Therefore, I would not call this
'oppression'.

cu,
Thomas }:o{#
-- - http://217.160.174.154/~sloyment/ - --
"Look! They have different music on the dance floor..."