Re: Kuro5hin Re: [ox-en] Nazi in Debian Alert

Nicolas Évrard wrote:

* Robin Green  [22:38 23/01/04 CET]:

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 06:15:09PM +0100, Nicolas Évrard wrote:

>Unfortunately, I didn't harvest the link at the
>time, so if you find it again if you could relay it that would be cool.

http://www.kur5hin.org/story/2002/7/19354/97335/

There's at least two typo's there so I couldn't work out what it was meant to be - can you post the correct URL please?

Sorry for the typos I was Cut&Pasting through ssh (which didn't work)

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/2/7/19354/97335.

Thank you Nicolas, it was Walther's quote on this page:

" Zundel is not a Nazi, or even a sympathizer."

that I was looking for (posted: "by Jonathan Walther <http://www.kuro5hin.org/user/uid:5744> on Sat Feb 9th, 2002 at 01:38:28 PM EST (krooger debian.org <krooger debian.org>) http://reactor-core.org";) NB use of Debian address which I believe, from the few snatches of the Debian Dev list debate I have seen, some folk seem to be unhappy and playing with the idea that this might constitute "activity bringing Debian into disrepute", though I'm not sure if this is actually an infraction against Debian rules per se. In any case I am not a member of that collective,
it is for them to deal with as they best see fit.*

See also:

Walther on 'Leuchter Report':

"...Neither of those aspects were covered in the report you cited, but they make it impossible for more than a handful of people to have been gassed per day, if such gassing did happen."

at http://www.kuro5hin.org/comments/2002/2/7/19354/97335?pid=142#149

-> "IF"?

Etc... basically. This is nearly 2 years ago now. At what stage Walther actually put up his "secret" page I do not know how to find out, although the answer would be interesting. Perhaps I can do more investigating of search engine features to see if it is possible to retrieve the date of a page creation some day when I have more time.

For now, I must just point out another one of Jonathan's "secret" pages that I have only just discovered. Edit aforementioned URL to his secret page and replace "secret" with "discrimination" [Is that better Stefan? Or do you have any better concrete suggestions as to how to communicate the necessary information to this list without it being "google-able". For the record, if you have admin rights to the list archive you have my permission to do whatever is necessary to my original "Walther" post to obscure the URL]

Hard to score this in offensiveness compared to the "secret" page, though I draw your attention to Jonathan's "humorous" short commentaries on each text, for e.g.:

"AFN N***** Owners Manual, by unknown author. Belly-laughing humour certain to cause heart-attacks among the uptight."

...or smashed teeth among ignorant racist pricks who think they're funny... At least, that is, when dealing with those Anarchists who supported Nestor Makhno's actions in shooting a member of his own group he discovered up an anti-semitic poster. Amazing how many people seem to wish to disgrace the good name of anarchism by appropriating it for themselves whilst defending the "free speach rights" of racists and nazis (usually whilst agreeing with right-wingers that hanging's too good for anybody who calls themself a Communist, especially those of us who preface it with Libertarian or Anarchist)

(and yes, I have censored the "N" word, I find it offensive from the mouths of white racists. No doubt this is my authoritarian "anti-free speach" streak showing itself again...)

Yours against racism, fascism and bad faith,

Paul Bowman

* What I do not accept is that they try to treat the issue as a "dirty secret" to be hidden and fail to make any mention of it in their Weekly News to the wider Deb network. The "ostrich solution" is IMHO the most potentially damaging and the least "open" or "free".