[ox-en] Internet Archive and Obscuring URIs

Hi

On Sat 24-Jan-2004 at 12:25:36AM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Paul Bowman wrote:

Etc... basically. This is nearly 2 years ago now. At
what stage Walther actually put up his "secret" page I
do not know how to find out, although the answer would
be interesting. Perhaps I can do more investigating of
search engine features to see if it is possible to
retrieve the date of a page creation some day when I
have more time.

Have you tried the Internet Archive, the first result for
the front page is Aug 18, 2000:

  http://web.archive.org/

For now, I must just point out another one of Jonathan's
"secret" pages that I have only just discovered. Edit
aforementioned URL to his secret page and replace
"secret" with "discrimination"

Yes there are quite a few sections like that which can be
found using googles links search.

[Is that better Stefan?  Or do you have any better
concrete suggestions as to how to communicate the
necessary information to this list without it being
"google-able". For the record, if you have admin rights
to the list archive you have my permission to do
whatever is necessary to my original "Walther" post to
obscure the URL]

On Indymedia I have edited posts that link to fascist web
sites by adding spaces into URIs to at least prevent those
sites being able to see who got there from Indymedia...

It wouldn't be a bad thing if the emails in this thread
were edited in the same way.