Re: [ox-en] Re: Please stop damaging the project!

All,

On some levels I am loath to continue what may be seen as "off-topic" by many, and yet...

I originally subscribed to this list about two years ago - I didn't follow anything for about the last year or more. I recently started reading the emails again and noticed that there was definitely a more passionate element involved. There also seem to be more people posting regularly (and some I miss) and I suspect that this change from pure intellectualism is related. Perhaps unavoidable. I see value in maintaining focus - I see value in new concepts. I believe Stefan is struggling with maintaining both and I wish him whatever wisdom is needed.

My own understanding of this list and it's purpose had became unclear so I referred to http://www.oekonux.de;

"In Project Oekonux different people with different opinions and different methods study the economic and political forms of Free Software. An important question is, whether the principles of the development of Free Software may be the foundation of a new economy which may be the base for a new society."

   So;
Do we need to define "the principles" if we are to ask these questions? (certainly, we are not demonstrating a shared understanding)
   Are these principals shared?
   If not, how will differing intent affect this "foundation"?
-----OFF TOPIC----------------------------------- I don't want to see this list become a soap-box for fascist thought of any type - and I haven't. Walther came to this list to defend himself - this is "off-topic" (his assertion of list involvement as historical document is an interesting one, but also off-topic :). The original accusation against him was off-topic. However interest in his views has been on-topic to a large degree, and further he has seemed willing to answer in a reasonable manner. I have yet to see him promote any ideals.

As I see it - had there been no response, Walther's initial post would have been the end of the issue. I squarely blame those who continued the conversation in a reactionary way. I respect those who found new concepts and strove to understand them and integrate them within the framework of their own understanding. I understand that I am now continuing this - but I am not bothered by Walther, I am bothered by the response from this list. This is what interests me - this is what I wish to explore. My questions above reflect this.

Sorry for continuing this - I had to get this off my chest. I have nothing further to say.

=========
I agree with Auskai that to label this list within any political framework immediately removes the ability to think progressively.
=========

-sándor

P.S.
I considered a new thread - but given the risk my questioning is indeed off-topic, I sought to minimize my continuation. If anyone wishes to address my questions I believe a new thread would be appropriate.