Re: usage of software [was: Re: Fwd: Re: [ox-en] Walther]

Graham

I don't think you can stop someone using the software. You can't restrict who uses it because it is out there. What I am sayig though is that you can make decisions about who you permit to participate in you community. Using our example - if someone was a fascist .... a community should e able to mak the decsion to exclude them/shun them from particpating in their communty. These sorts of decisions are to use the Makoism: Freedom 0. That you can make decisions in this regard relating to whether e.g. the Keven Software Community will shun a fascist or shun people who believe exploiting other people is a good thing. The only good argument I have heard against it is yours from last week when I started this "off topic" discussion. That there are practical problems of getting the work done with enough eyes.... but this does not mean he decision should not be made politicaly it means that you mght decide not to make it (I think).

Martin