Re: usage of software [was: Re: Fwd: Re: [ox-en] Walther]

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 06:27:25AM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], auskadi tvcabo.co.mz wrote:
I don't think you can stop someone using the software. You can't
restrict who uses it because it is out there. What I am sayig though
is that you can make decisions about who you permit to participate
in you community. Using our example - if someone was a fascist
.... a community should e able to mak the decsion to exclude
them/shun them from particpating in their communty. These sorts of
decisions are to use the Makoism: Freedom 0.

No. These decisions should be made by the community in question.

I think that development communities should be able to make these
decisions. They can and do! Highly politicized groups that do Free
Software (like Indymedia) may very well reject code from people with
radically different political views and it's their prerogative to do
so.

Basically, it's up to the community. Many FOSS communities, especially
the big and politically heterogeneous ones like Debian, fall back on
the little bit of common ground they have: radical non-discrimination
drawing from the FSD, OSD, and DFSG. If you don't agree with the way
that community works, feel free to not become or stay as part of that
community.

Regards,
Mako

--