Re: usage of software [was: Re: Fwd: Re: [ox-en] Walther]

Benj. Mako Hill wrote:

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 06:27:25AM +0100, auskadi tvcabo.co.mz wrote:

These decisions should be made by the community in question.

Mako

I disagree with much with what you say because I just find it thin and repeating mantras. You now that. I bait you because it serves my perverse time wasting humour. Stefan doesnt seem to get it and neither do you. I can't even be bothered to reply to Stefans latest email about my stalinism. Maybe its a translation problem. Maybe its my convict heritage. But do I have to put a stupid smily an email evertime I take the piss ... like my first email when your colleague Walhter appeared?

I know some others have a laugh about what goes on here coz we talk about it. But that is not at all important.

What seems important is that people are not happy. We dont kick people coz they disagree with us.

We kick them because they have views that are not consistent with the principles of respect for humanity ..... (i cant put t better than that)

On another token if we are wthin a community it does not mean we have to be "nice", that is we can take the piss, we can hold strong views, but eg if we started hacking each others boxes, for example because you are a flake, or sending each other viruses or sending round some goons to teach each other lessons we should be kicked.

I just read this on nettime:

After an exciting first phase of introductions and
debates, networks are put to the test: either they transform into a body
that is capable to act, or they remain stable on a flatline of information
exchange, with the occasional reply of an individual who dares to
disagree.

I think this might actually state were we are in oekonux. ....... a flatline because we cant go beyond repeating the "freedoms" to actually build another place that can act.

Remember this whole shitty storm arose because I asked for an email that had been published here so I could use it in some research. That was off topic. One thing that really does get up my nose in oekenux are the school masterly directions about what to post, where to post it, not to do this and that. It is so bloody ordered, controlled or disciplined....

I am gonna keep talking to Chris. I feel real bad about him leaving... just beacsue others want to hang on to their rules...

Martin

--
"the riddle which man must solve, he can only solve in being, in being what he is and not something else...."