Re: [ox-en] Re: Do not fork

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, auskadi tvcabo.co.mz wrote:

I think it is best for debates : about whether people should leave, be
kicked, fork or not to fork; to OCCUR HERE - not in some caucus.

Martin, you're misunderstanding the way the lists are organized (I didn't
get this for a long time either). There are the german/english discussion
lists, and there is the (combined language) organisation list. Anyone
at all can subscribe to the organization list; the point of having it
isn't to split people into two groups, it's so the discussion lists don't
get clogged up with things about who's doing the catering at the
conference and what software the wiki uses etc. So there is no caucus -
it's just a topic split, please join the [pox] list if you're not on it
and talk about this there.

I wonder if there's some way this split could be made clearer - I can't
remember what goes out in the first mail to new subscribers, does it
include an invitation to join [pox] and explain why it's there?

Graham