Re: [ox-en] Interview with Peter Lamborn Wilson

On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 10:55:28PM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Niall Douglas wrote:
In general, it can be shown that a population over long periods of
time stops doing bad things for itself. For example, when everyone
was starving the goal was to be fat - when everyone has too much
food, suddenly the goal becomes to be thin. Capitalism, like all
sustainable economic systems,

Hahahaha! Capitalism! Sustainable!

You had me going up until that point, Niall!

"I strongly recommend simply buying a Linux tshirt, telling everyone
how good Linux is and continuing to use Windows. All of the effect
without the danger." -- Daniel Davies

Hmm. Your misquoting of me still litters google searches for my name
and probably will forever.

I disagree that it was a misquote. You've claimed that I took it out of
context, but I don't see that the context makes a difference.

I would far prefer if you are to quote
people to also have a link to an archived messages from which you
took the quote so people aren't made out to look like idiots.

OK then, just this once - that quote comes from a comment on:

  http://www.crookedtimber.org/archives/002243.html

and, for the benefit of any humour-impaired readers out there: it was
intended from the outset as a joke.

--
Robin