Re: [ox-en] New economic model for free technology?

in list-en oekonux.org Michel Bouwens
on Mittwoch, 5. Oktober 2005 at 6:17 Uhr [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED] wrote:

Take any capital intensive industry. The model now is
you need private capital for both the design phase and
the production phase.

If you separate the two, government or companies could
write out specs, say for a new green car, and P2P
teams would start working on it. When it is ready,
capital would be use for production of the car. Better
yet, if capital were itself distributed, corporations
would not be needed even for that phase.

Michel, why should government or companies write out the specs?

we have succesful examples where individuals or networks could do the job
much better! From the beginning! I told at the third oekonux conference
that even Markus Merz who is otherwise not really keeping up his community
("Open Source Car" Germany) gave examples of a "bootstrap community" being
much more competent than any government agency or single company. The
reason is that real people with different needs can aggregate
perspectives, and different perspectives are needed for good design!

I think the beauty of the New GPL economy should not be overseen: that
intellect is so distributed that competent seed groups can contribute to
the common good in an entirely new fashion.

I agree governments could positively contribute by recognizing and
supporting such "seeds of competence". The support of governments could be
creating space for dialogue, infrastructure and conflict-moderation.

am I dreaming here?

Franz