Re: [ox-en] Re: Business opportuities based on Free Software

Oekonux you mean?

no. we are going to test this community governance scheme on vodes.net. right now we are in the built up phase and getting young people on the site by organising fun events (sport tournaments, and dance contests). second stage of the alpha testing phase has been finished and we found the focus to get really started next semester.

But what do you want to decide here?

on vn, there are three core competences of team beta tester ("owners"/decision making body):

*) fundamental questions (e.g. should there be ads on the site? when should the constituting voding assembly take place?); *) important economic decisions/fair distribution of wealth (e.g. how high should the membership fee be? how much should a team offline member get for merely being present at an event? how much should be offered to an artists to make a simple animation/game?)
*) complex performance polls (measures the performance of the "CEO")

basically, there are five interest fractions (artists, users, employees (vn people), rationality, and open movement) each of which has a combined 20% voting power on those three core competences. those five interest fractions are the main production and consumption forces on vn. the idea behind it is to create a stable entity which works co-operatively (unlike a company where you have capital/shareholders/consumers vs workers). consequently, it will be a main tasks of the ceo to ensure that the awareness of mutual dependency (requirement to accept concessions) is preserved within the community. the task is simpler because there is an actual dependency.

im writing a paper on the team beta tester (collective decision making body) and its competences. if you want, i can send you the paper when its done (around three weeks time).

I for myself find the idea fascinating to test the wikipedians governance.

as i said, wikipedia is a very successful project and lots of things can go wrong. so it might be better to test it on a small scale first to avoid mistakes when they really have consequences (as in the case of wikipedia). and thats what we are doing here.