Re: Simply and Doubly Free Software (was: [ox-en] Oekonux introduction)

Michael Bauwens wrote:
Dear Stefan,

Some question:

 - what makes you sure that pure modes of doubly free
software are of superior quality that hybrid models
with support from an ecology of corporations, which
may include paid developers, as for Linux.

That's a very interesting question. I think the common answer
would be that Free developers write better software due to
superior motives.
However, I'd like to see some real discussion about this point
that doesn't take for granted / as an assumption something it
actually wants to prove. :-)

Was Linux better before they got involved?

Certainly not. But it's also hard to turn back and
wonder how it would have evolved without the participation
of commercial entities.

Regards,