Re: [ox-en] is money simply memory?

Franz Nahrada wrote:
Dmytri Kleiner <dk telekommunisten.net> writes:

Wealth is the accumulated surplus of human
labour, money is simply memory, nothing more.

If you do such a verdict, I think you should better prove that money has
indeed the properties of memory.

The reference to the quote is from Keith Hart, and his 'memorybank'
project - and Keith Hart is a highly respected and reknown
anthropologist ;-)

Personally, even after having listened to Keith Hart speak and answer
questions on this past friday, the idea makes no sense at all to me. How
is money able to "store" memory?

So maybe it would be a good idea to read the book by Keith Hart and then
discuss it in a collaborative way?

--
Gregers Petersen
Anthropologist, Ph.d fellow