[ox-en] Re: Free Design Directory

Christian Siefkes wrote:

I wasn't thinking of a site hosting any free design projects themselves, but
of a site listing project descriptions. Something like Freshmeat (which
describes software), not like Sourceforge (which hosts software projects).
That should be feasible, I think. And, of course, to qualify for listing,
designs must be _free_, according to some suitable definition (maybe the
Open Knowledge Definition: http://opendefinition.org/1.0/ , or graham's
http://www.opencollector.org/Whyfree/open_hardware.html ). That should
restrict the number of acceptable candidates enormously, I would think ;-)

In any case, I have reserved the domain http://www.freedesigndirectory.org/
(though there isn't anything there yet) and would like to investigate these
issues further. If anybody is willing to help, please drop me a note.

Why not contact Cristoph Beaupoil and ask him about resurrecting designforge.org? Thought it's not online at the moment, I'm sure he still has both software and original contents..

http://www.oekonux.org/list-en/archive/msg02600.html

Graham

Regards
	Christian