[ox-en] Rivalness - on second thought

Hi!

You might remember that recently I said that copying digital goods is
similar - or even identical - to producing physical goods:

* A digital good always has some physical representation

* To be useful I need a physical representation of that digital good

* The technology of digital copy makes production of a copy very
  simple - given there is an original to copy

I now stumbled across the concept of rivalness again and merged it
into that thought above. I could say:

* The physical representation of a digital good is rival

  The physical representation of a digital good is in someone's
  possession. It is *not* magically in the possession of someone else.
  So this someone else can not use it. I think this is the definition
  of rivalness.

Non-rivalness of digital goods comes into being only because of the
technology of digital copy. But in the end it is a certain
(re)production technology which makes this possible.

If this makes sense this would shed a very interesting light on the
concept of rivalness in the digital domain.

Comments?