Limiting use (was: Re: [ox-en] Apple trees (aka capitalism) are bad. What about barter exchange?)

Hi Diego and all!

5 days ago Diego Saravia wrote:
No scarcity - no need for exchange. Hopefully someday we will get there.

I dont like to paint my house, and I like to teach

why dont exchange?

Well, the first reason is that it makes things pretty complicated. Why
not just simply painting the house and teaching? Exchange doesn't
improve either of these works and there is in fact no reason to relate
them to each other.

without scarcity aour world will be devasted earlier

infinite growing is only prevented by scarcity.

Well, in fact mankind developed lots of means to limit the use of
something. Exchange based systems are in fact especially bad in this
because exchange value by it's very nature is not limited. The
over-exploitation of nature is one expression of this.

In a society based on peer production there probably need to be rules
limiting the use of things. But this is classical political business -
in the good sense of the word political. In fact if we are freed from
exchange then we can actually *make* political decisions again which
today are impossible because of the domination of the exchange system.