[ox-en] Re: Scarcity and limitedness - again

Hi Diego and all!

BTW: I noticed that there is one concept missing in this debate which
we had before: deposits. Deposits relate to raw materials which are
not processed by humans in any way. Deposits do really have a fixed
size independent from any human intervention. This is what we refer to
when we talk of ore or petroleum.

Limitedness now takes the human factor into account which is mostly
defined by technology and polititcal decisions. Because it is defined
by technology and polititcal limitedness as such exists independent
From a concrete form of society. How the limitedness is shaped exactly
is a historical question depending on the level of technology and
polititcal decisions made.

Scarcity is the result of a system where you gain abstract profits
From preventing others from access to things. I can only think of
ideological systems of this type like capitalism where it is build
into the very core of the system. But I think religious ideologies
also could be subject to scarcity. For instance it could be argued
that the Christian churches are denying the access to a free sexuality
to maintain their power relationship over their followers.