Re: [ox-en] [ot:ox-book] Zu Projekt 'ox-book'

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Stefan Meretz wrote:

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 11:56, Graham Seaman wrote:
3. The only translation to English we have so far is Stefan Mn's
'milestones', most of the work on which has been done by Thomas G, but
which isn't quite complete.

There's second one, partly translated, and this is my
"free-of-value"-paper. Even if you don't like the open-theory based
translation, Graham, others maybe do? Here's the link:

http://www.opentheory.org/linux-worthless/text.phtml?lang=en

Sorry Stefan, it wasn't deliberate - I missed it by accident!
It looks like it's nearly done already - over 40 out of 54 paragraphs
translated :-)

I my view, the step-by-step translation is useful for people with less
time: just pick one paragraph, translate, save, that's it. Ok, the entire
result is fairly rough and needs polishing.

b) Are there any volunteers on the German-speaking side to do initial
translations into very rough english, for post-processing by someone
else? [So far: Thomas G., Milestones]

With only little bits of time: me.

With 'linux-worthless' so nearly complete, I guess it would make sense
for you to use any time you have for that?

c) Are there any volunteers on the english-speaking side for
post-processing  of roughly translated texts? [so far: me, Milestones]

I like the parts Benja translated much, however, IMHO the whole paper
needs post-processing when it is finished (especially parts translated by
me).

I'm happy to help with that if you like.

Graham