Re: GFDL (was: Re: [ox-en] [ot:ox-book] Zu Projekt 'ox-book')

Benja Fallenstein <b.fallenstein gmx.de> wrote:
I do see DSL as a good option, though. If compatibility is seen as the
lesser problem, definitely better than the FDL! (IMHO.)

Well, publication of the two works in a collected edition is seen by both
the DSL and FDL as mere aggregation and not a problem.  Problems will only
come if we want to merge texts and neither copyright holder will agree.
Dual-licensing is a possible solution, but then we leave open the "growing
junk secondary sections" problem which I was suggesting DSL as a way to
avoid.

It's really a pain that GNU created a new licence to allow them to put an
unmodifiable unremovable manifesto in their works.  It should have been
included with their publications as an aggregate under a different licence
with a request to include it.

As to opentheory requiring FDL... OW!  That bites!

MJR