Re: [ox-en] Re: [ox] Re: Oekonux and politics

Graham Seaman wrote:

And your rot-13ing has lost him a rare
opportunity to be listed by google...

Which reminds me in a spurious way that, for some years, the only place
on the Internet with a sane reference to Hakim Bey was in our philosophy
section...
[quote]
Hakim Bey has an elegant contrast that sets it forth rather neatly:

What we like about Palaeolithic life:

  * the elegant laziness of hunter/gatherer society

  * the 2-hour workday

  * the obsession with art, dance, poetry and amorousness

  * the "democratization of shamanism"

  * the cultivation of perception

in short, culture.

What we dislike about civilisation can be deduced from the following
progression:

 1. the "Agricultural Revolution"

 2. the emergence of caste

 3. the City and its cult of hieratic control

 4. slavery

 5. dogma

 6. imperialism

 7. [?]
[/quote]

True, that doesn't have much reason to be associated with this thread,
but I figure as far as thread digression goes, it's pretty close to
relevant to the underlying oekonux themes.

cheers, Rich.

--
rich walker | technical person | Shadow Robot Company | rw shadow.org.uk
front-of-tshirt space to let     251 Liverpool Road   |