Re: [ox-en] New economic model for free technology?

list-en oekonux.org on Mittwoch, 5. Oktober 2005 at 10:38 Uhr [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED] wrote:
Franz, I agree with your point, I was just assuming
that those with funds, would write out the specs.

I'm also not sure that peer groups would always be
able to represent the common interest, without any
intermediation by the state as representative of the
'public' in its totality.

The underlying logic is always the same, I do not
believe in a pure 'peer to peer' utopia, but in
something intermediary in which it is dominant, but
not alone.

Michael, thats what we have to build!

I am very impatient with the "purely theoretical" approach of oekonux. I
think good theory is always a practical operational hypothesis of people
with deep practical interests.

And I think the thought model of "Germ Form" is very helpful to conceive
our work. We should agree on the Germ Form hypothesis because it is at
least a liberating hypothesis, opening our eyes to new possibilities and
realities.

The germ form is also not a form which replaces other forms completely,
but can become dominant through various stages.

I think we see ifferent models where "a copernican shift" is perceived
where value-creation is transforming from exchange value on markets
(historically exhausted - Krisis theory) to use value in households
(historically unlimited - at least from our current viewpoint)

And if you look closer at the "Theory of Support Economy" by Shoshanna
Zuboff from Harward business school, she expresses that copernican shift
in her own terms:

"In 1994 I realized that I no longer believed in the progressive vision of
the corporation espoused in much of my work. I decided to take some time
out from publishing for study and reflection, in order to see if I could
find a new way forward in the field of management. That began a
decade-long intellectual journey from which I concluded that today's
managerial capitalism has reached the limits of its adaptive range.
Instead of being the engine of wealth creation, it has become the obstacle
to wealth creation. The society of the twenty-first century requires a new
approach to capitalism that I call "distributed capitalism"."

see much more at

http://www.thesupporteconomy.com/biographies.shtml

Now you know that I am even still much closer to Frithhof Bergmanns ideas
of self-determination and demarketisation, but we have to find the right
mix between these ideas to understand the complex reality unfolding. Not
only that, we must intervene, not only as actors, but also as mediators
and catalyzers, try to influence governments and corporations to speed up
the development process that we foresee. They can be VERY useful for our
goals and for the common good, if working in the right perspective. The
perspective is that of unfolding individual and collective cultural
creativity.

That could be the collective mission that is born within the Oekonux
Community.

The third conference 2004 has paved the way towards this goal but we have
still very little results of what we have discussed and planned then. We
are still stuck in old discussions and schemes. I appreciate the
interventions here because they bring fresh spirit from movers and shakers!

Franz