Re: [ox-en] New economic model for free technology?

by the way Franz and STephan, if I do not respond
directly, it just means that I have not anything to
add at a particular moment.

As I said before, I find that a fourfold typology of
Alan Fiske is more interesting and realistic than the
dichotomy between market and mutual support. I believe
in the germ theory, but am cautious that it is not
espoused as a 'natural law'. I think we still need
politics. Thus, in my research, I'm trying to find a
transitory strategy from 'here' to 'there', that
responds to the interplay of the four kinds of human
relationships, and can be the basis of a political
movement, which is in fact coalescing as we speak.

I'm at a point where 1) I have a good idea of P2P
emergence in various fields 2) on which shifts it is
based; 3) a basic idea of the transitory mechanism.
But I still need a lot of work on the philosophical
underpinning and have not even started at thinking
about a positive political program yet.

However, what I think is important is to be
integrative in terms of social change, not choose P2P
exclusively and dismiss other attempts such as the
complementary currency and basic income movements ,but
find a way that these efforts coalesce in a virtuous
feedback loop.

I have not read Shuboff's book in detail, only
mentioned it in my newsletter, but I think she still
is beholden to the consumer paradigm, i.e. a new type
of companies providing 'support' for consumers. But I
may be mistaken.

Michel

--- Franz Nahrada <f.nahrada reflex.at> wrote:

list-en oekonux.org on Mittwoch, 5. Oktober 2005 at