Re: [ox-en] New economic model for free technology?

Franz Nahrada in list-en oekonux.org on
 Mittwoch, 5. Oktober 2005 at 10:58 Uhr [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED] wrote:

I think we see ifferent models where "a copernican shift" is perceived
where value-creation is transforming from exchange value on markets
(historically exhausted - Krisis theory) to use value in households
(historically unlimited - at least from our current viewpoint)

Let me explain more because Stefan might rightfully intervene on this
fluffy remark based on abstractions from dominant economic theory:

Of course "market" and "household" are limited models to understand
economic reality, and yet we see two ontological schemes where on one side
we have exchange on the other side we have mutual cooperation. The beauty
of the market is that it unbinds humans from cooperation constraints, that
there is permanent negociation and renegociation on terms of cooperation.
The downside of the market is that it rewards the successful and creates a
self-destructive feedback cycle of inequality, where negociations end up
as formal cover of absolutely determined difference in means.

The germ form basically limits the need for negociations in providing more
means for everyone, by multiplying them to the point that competition
becomes useless and cooperation is the only choice. But it is still and
increasingly "voluntary cooperation", and society is giving its "passive
agreement" on the actions of voluntary cooperators. Society still relies
on a system of checks and balance, but in a form that if a need arises it
will most likely be expressed by an active individual or group that fills
what society is missing.

There is big argument between Stefan and me if that is really enough. I
think we need "need assesment" at all societal levels constantly.
Individual perception and perspective is not the complete solution, truth
is not reached by aggregation of perspectives alone. Its the artful
constellation of perspectives that can turn cacophonia into music,
shouting individuals into orchestra. I have learned a bit about the art of
arranging constellation perspectives from American indians (www.ehama.org)
and I am deeply grateful for this experience which made me understand how
we go from here to there. Still it is different to know abstractly it from
putting it into practise under difficult conditions.

Franz