Re: [ox-en] A 'Sharing' project

On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 09:20:05AM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], magius wrote:
Three years ago I participated to the development of a software that
has similar features regards (physical!) books' & dvd sharing, called
DLP, Distributed Library Project.
I don't have time to test, or experiment with, the DLP software at the
moment, but it seems quite impressive. I have added a link to it on the
website - http://ie.uk.to/index.php/start_a_project/alternatives . I
have explained - in this document: http://ie.uk.to/index.php/generic_cms
- why a 'generic' Content Management System was chosen for this project
(although I'm not sure 'generic' is the best term), but I'm open to
revising my opinion of course. If I have time, I might look at DLP
more closely. Thanks for letting me know about it.

At the end of our work we created an italian website,
that actually has about 1,200 users and 6,000 books, 700 dvds  and
1,800 audio cds shared.
It's nice to learn that projects like these have become so active.

Anyway, to anyone who might be interested in starting a project like
this in their own area, I have created a 'How-to':
http://ie.uk.to/index.php/start_a_project

--
David Collins				GPG id 646C8A43