Re: [ox-en] Difference between Physical and Information production

Hi Diego and all!

2 days ago Diego Saravia wrote:
The *initial production* of information on the other hand is not very
much impacted by this reproduction machinery.

?? colaboration, p2p is exactly about that

wikipedia, free soft, etc all are produced by internet means

Because of that I wrote "not very much" :-) . Indeed they are affected
but

It still needs brains

yes

And the brains are the non-machinery part of the means of production.

so info goods are not economic goods

Sure they are.

why? drop out copyright, and .....

But they are hard to make scarce so it is hard to
include them in an economy based on scarcity (aka capitalism).

what definition of economic goods are you using?

Well, I once had a nice definition which at the moment I have not
available. But basically:

* it involves production (i.e. human effort)

* the goods produced are used by humans

* it usually involves a flow of goods